Sunday, September 18, 2011

A pledge of regular mediocrity

Perhaps the very worst thing about having only one substantial, researched and drafted post in this blog is that it set a precedent. It's a rather bad one, truth be told, because it has meant that, whenever I have sat down to write an entry in the three-odd years since I started this blog, it has looked slapdash by comparison. For that reason, I've started many posts and published none of them.

To help alleviate this issue, I have reminded myself of three things: 1) I started this blog as an outlet for the rants that bubble up from within me on a semi-regular basis, 2) I find journalling/ranting therapeutic, and (perhaps most importantly) 3) No-one reads the fucking thing anyway!

So, in that vein, I'd like to re-commit to writing this har blog. I'll aim to curb my natural anal-retentiveness about grammar, and will pledge today that I'll produce more, faster, crappier content than ever before. I'll use blue language at times, shamelessly write autobiographical posts, restaurant/book/game/film/TV/stage/music reviews, ill-conceived polemic rants, and generally re-dedicate myself to mediocrity. If readers have any problems, praise or other comments, they just need to follow two easy steps:

1) Pop into existence.
2) Use Blogger's handy commenting feature -- that's why it's there!

Anywho, this is mainly a note to self, a reminder that I like to talk/write shit and escape the oppressive shackles of the APA referencing style once in a while.

Allabest.

Love,
Dan

PS: I made a point of *not* proofreading this post, so if you find any glaring mistakes, omissions or heresies:

1) Tell me -- you'll warm the cockles of my black heart. Take that, clinical perfectionism!
2) Please -- and I can't stress this enough -- be mortally offended.
3) If you'd like me to change anything, slowly drink a glass of water, take a deep breath, and blow it out your arse.

1 comment: